Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Big 3-0

Well, I have hit my 30's.  I don't feel old, but 30 definitely sounds old!  I guess I have to start acting more mature.  :)  I had a wonderful birthday with my family.


The day started with blueberry muffins, but as soon as they came out of the oven, we had to get Chris to work.  So, the girls and I ate our muffins outside the library...... (we had to stop there to pick up the girls' prizes for the summer reading program.)


The girls and I went swimming at Seven Peaks while Chris was at work.  We had so much fun playing in the kiddie pools and floating the lazy river.  After Ellie's nap, we headed up to Salt Lake.  Since Chris had to photograph a bike race at Snow Bird and I wanted to go on a birthday hike, we decided to drive to the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon and hike to Cecret Lake.  It was such a beautiful area.  I really want to camp there someday.  It is known for it's summer wildflowers (though this pic doesn't do it justice...it was my little point and shoot).




Kylie was super excited that we got to walk through water.  For some reason, she really loves getting her shoes dirty and wet.  When we started this hike, she kept saying, "This is a hike?  But where are all the puddles and mud?"  She was remembering our last hike to Stewart Falls, which was very muddy.

Cecret Lake

While Chris went to take pictures for work, the girls and I found a picnic table to have our dinner.  But there was this amazing park there, so we didn't eat much. :)




Later that night, our siblings came over for cheesecake, presents and Just Dance on the Wii.  It was my birthday and I got to choose!  And Chris even played/danced.....(He loves me!)


The day after my birthday we headed down to Vegas so that Chris and Josh could help Dad B. move his chiropractic office.  Sunday we got to celebrate my b-day again with BBQ kabobs, chocolate and berry delight desserts, the Olympics and the best card ever.......  (everyone contributed to the list, but Chris and Kylie colored it!)


Thanks everyone for the awesome birthday!  You are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment