Friday, February 22, 2013

President LeBaron's Funeral

It was hard to hold back the tears when I learned that my dear mission president, Milo LeBaron, had passed away.  He was an amazing mission "dad", leader and friend.  He is the most loving man I have ever known.  I had the unique opportunity to serve closely to President and Sister LeBaron at the end of my mission when I was called as AP.  I personally have seen their love for the Lord, His church and for the missionaries.  I learned a lot from Pres. LeBaron that I hope I will never forget.

I am really grateful that I was able to travel to Mesa for his funeral.  It was neat to learn some things about him that I hadn't previously known and it was very good to see Sister LeBaron.  It has been at least two years since I have seen them, and over seven years since I was a missionary!  I loved catching up with some of the amazing sisters I served with (and met some that I didn't have the pleasure of serving with).  But most of all, this past weekend renewed me spiritually.  So many mission memories have been brought to my remembrance.  I was reminded of the missionary fire that I had while on Temple Square and the love that was felt and shared there.  President LeBaron will always have a special place in my heart and memory.  143!


Temple Square sisters with Sister LeBaron


We got to sing during the funeral along with other missionaries that have served with the LeBarons (He was mission president three times, along with being the Mesa Visitor Center directors twice.)  It was an emotional, yet neat experience to sing to President and his family, "Called to Serve" and his favorite hymn, "Love One Another".  

Jerilyn Hartley and I

My baby!- Marlene (Hernandez), Alanna (Head) and the Jensens....we would play ball with Elder Jensen sometimes

Darci (Lucas) and I

Katie (Anderson) and Marlene

An AP 5 generation picture....Sisters Abe, McCallister, Hernandez, Head, Otto.
(One had to be photoshopped in though)


Thanks to all of you for making my mission (and this weekend) special. And wherever we are, remember that we are always "Called to Serve" and to "Love One Another"! 



No comments:

Post a Comment