Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Skiing

Skiing with Chris was one of the best days of the year so far!  We headed up to Brighton yesterday with my sisters to get a few hours of skiing in.  This was the second time Chris went skiing with me this season...yes he loves me a lot!  But it also took a lot of convincing. :)  It was so fun to spend some alone time together....  and Chris admitted that he even enjoyed it (the skiing that is...he always enjoys spending alone time with me!)  For spring skiing, it was pretty nice if you kept to the groomed stuff, but by the time we were leaving at 2pm, it was getting pretty slushy.  All in al,l it was a wonderful day.

My proof that Chris indeed went skiing.

The typical lift ride picture!  I enjoyed the amount of uninterrupted talk time we got. :)

The girls had a fun day as well.  Nicole and Josh watched them in the morning and the Casey in the afternoon.  When we got home, Kylie went on and on about all the fun things they did.  As I was getting things ready to go yesterday, the girls were playing in their room.  They had been quiet for a little while, so I went to check on them, half expecting all the clothes out of the dressers again, but this is what I saw....


  

It was so cute to see them both sitting quietly, reading their own books.  Lately, Ellie has started to take a real interest to books.  She likes to pull them off the shelf and then bring one to me to read to her as she sits on my lap.  The only problem now is the whole sharing my lap and taking turns picking the books.  Ellie of course doesn't have the attention span for a whole book and Kylie needs me to read each page.  We are still working on figuring this all out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment