Sunday, June 19, 2011

To the Fathers in My Life

What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle’s flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,
He called it ... Dad
– Anonymous 



I first want to pay tribute to my father.  Not only is today Father's Day, but it is also my dad's birthday!  He is one amazing dad.  He has taught me so many things throughout my life.  He is a hard worker and is the ultimate do-it-yourself guy.  But he also knows how to have fun and is always making me laugh. 

Father/daughter golf outing- April 2010
It has been so fun to watch my dad become a grandpa!  Kylie loves him lots and always has fun with him.  She especially loved jumping on the trampoline with him when we visited last year.

Kylie and her grandpa A- April 2010
Dad, you are awesome.  I love you so much and am so grateful for you!  I miss you!

Daytona Beach family vacation- May 2011
My Grandpa Abe is also a great example of hard work.  I think that it is neat that he's so happy when he is working on a project or trying to fix something.  I wish that we could see you more often Grandpa!

G-Grandpa Abe and Kylie-April 2010

I have so many great memories with Grandpa Jensen.  He has taught me so many valuable lessons, but his example of kindness and charity will always stand out.  I always look forward to spending time with Grandpa, whether it be working up at the cabin or playing card games. 

Grandpa J and Kylie- June 2009

My "new" dad is the best father-in-law anyone could ever ask for!  I love him for his kindness and of course for his sense of humor.  He is a wonderful father and grandpa.  Kylie is always excited to see "Pa" (maybe because he always shares his ice cream and Almond Joys?).

Grandpa B with Kylie- Jan. 2011

And finally, I want to recognize my favorite person in the whole wide world....my best friend, my husband, and the father of my children.  Chris is the perfect match for me and I thank Heavenly Father everyday for the chance to be with him.  He is so kind, loving, fun, creative, smart, and funny, among many other things.  But with today being Father's Day, I want to mention what an awesome dad he is!  It is so wonderful to know and to see how much he loves our daughters.  And boy do they love him!

Kylie and her daddy- April 2011
Kylie adores her dad.  They have so much fun together, whether it is at the park or just at home tickling one another.  It is often hard for her to say good bye when he has to go to school or work.  Several times she has even asked for her backpack and followed him up the stairs so that she could go with Chris to school.  It is so heartbreaking to watch her when she realizes that she can't go with him. She just wants to be with him all the time! (And so do I!)

Ellie and her daddy- Feb. 2011
Reading together- March 2011







Thank you Chris for all that you do for our little family!  I love you more than anything and am grateful for the wonderful father that you are!



Thank you to all the fathers in my life.  I love you all so much and am so blessed to have you as examples!

No comments:

Post a Comment