Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Moments That Matter Most



This is my favorite Mormon Messages video so far. It made me tear up, especially since I could relate to all of the "moments" in this video.  It is based on my favorite talk from October 2010 General Conference....President Uchtdorf's address titled, "Of Things That Matter Most".  His words helped me remember once again what my priorities should be.  It reminded me that it is o.k. (even best) to slow down a bit and not to focus on the endless to-do list, but to focus on the significant, divine things.  He said, "Lift up [your] eyes and truly see the things that matter most."  Pres. Uchtodorf talked about four key relationships: with our God, with our families, with our fellowman, and with ourselves.   I am constantly reminding myself that it is good to just sit down with Kylie and play or to just chill as a family and talk; that I don't have to be constantly doing something.  Those little tasks aren't what is most important in the eternal scheme of things.  "Strength comes not from frantic activity but from....paying attention to the divine things that matter most."

No comments:

Post a Comment