Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Birthday!

I have never really felt old, but now that I have to say "29", I might starting feeling old.  I can probably blame this on my mother who for years and years kept saying that she was turning 29.  Finally, when she was turning 40, my sister (who I think was only 10 at the time) said, "You are going to be 30 Mom!"  So maybe that's why 29 sounds old...because my mom was 29 for like 10 years!  O.k. so maybe 29 sounds old, but I don't really feel old.

Well, my birthday was wonderful.  We went swimming at Seven Peaks for a little while in the morning and later went out to eat at Sizzler, which is our new favorite restaurant with Kylie (she gets to pick her own food from the salad bar and we don't have entertain her while we wait for our food to come!).  Five minutes after Kylie helped Chris wrap my presents, she was begging me to open them.  The girls gave me a couple of necklaces.  And Chris got me the Insanity workout program (I know...I really need to get back in shape!) and a yoga mat.  But part of my present is him doing it with me.  I am a little scared to start it since it is so intense and I have barely any muscle left, but it will be a good challenge for both of us.  After the girls were in bed, Chris and I played some Wii, in which Chris dominated of course.  Don't you think he should have let the birthday girl win?  The night was topped off with some cheesecake and chocolate strawberries (thanks Ma and Pa Bunker!) and the newest episode of White Collar.  A pretty good day I think.

Sunday Devin, Lori and Nicole came over for dinner.  Lori made the best cake!

The girls tired from a napless day (for Kylie, but church disrupts Ellie's naps too)....but still cute.

 
Swimming in the wave pool.

Ellie and Daddy

Lovin' the water

Kylie didn't hold her fishy face long enough.  :)  Ellie is doing her new favorite thing...sucking her two middle fingers.




Kylie would stay in the pool all day!


Birthday dinner...yes that is food in Kylie's mouth.



Kylie with her yellow sucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment